Digital Product Designer – UI / UX
Our dynamic Design team is always looking for experienced designers to join the team. We want someone who can direct their creativity towards our core product, the Hotel Search, and to our support products, e.g Hotel Manager, our Room5 blog and our online community. You will use your aesthetically programmed mind to create simple designs that are not only visually pleasing but which also aid the user experience. You will exhibit your ideas through sketches, prototypes, wireframes and visual designs using Adobe and other design tools. We want a Designer who can inject their unique creative DNA into our site whilst retaining our classic trivago brand.
The ideal candidate
- Has a mind filled with beautiful, simple, innovative ideas.
- Has several years’ experience in user interface design, digital product design or web design. Please attach a portfolio showcasing your work to your application.
- Has an academic background in Digital Design, Interaction Design or a related field.
- Is proficient in using responsive design, web design tools (UX Pin, Axure, Hype, Origami, Adobe etc.) and has a good knowledge of UX design and usability.
- Has a positive attitude and is enthusiastic about working in a team.
- Has HTML/CSS knowledge and an understanding of how front-end development works. This will help them design in an online environment.
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently.
- Can start as soon as possible.
Life at trivago is…
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
Important additional information
- Please attach a portfolio showcasing your work to your application.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
How to apply
Please apply for the job as Digital Product Designer – UI / UX through our online application form.