Front-End Developer, Web
We’re looking for a front-end developer to help us maintain and evolve Ableton.com and Loop.ableton.com in a way that supports and inspires people to get the most out of our products and their music making. We want someone who has a deep appreciation for user experience and who is able to turn concepts into usable and reliable services.
You’ll share the responsibility for front-end implementation and maintenance of Ableton.com and Loop.ableton.com, collaborating with product owners, designers, backend developers and content producers at our head office in Berlin.
You’ll work in an self-organised way, assisting teams across Ableton to deliver everything from small optimisations to large-scale redesigns. We plan, explore, implement and iterate in short cycles. We all share ownership in shaping Ableton’s current and future online presence. We give feedback and share learnings at every stage, looking for ways to improve how we work and the end experiences we deliver.
- You will work as part of a team, as well as autonomously to prototype, build and refine the front-end of both Ableton.com and Loop.ableton.com
- You will use your expertise to help define the ongoing technology strategy that underpin user experiences on Ableton.com and Loop.ableton.com
- You verify assumptions and refine ideas through exploration and experimentation, and help others to do the same
- You write modular, responsive and well tested front-end code
- You enjoy translating refined designs into responsive and interactive web experiences with high attention to detail
- You understand what it means to write semantic, accessible and performant front-end code
- You keep up to date with the latest front-end development techniques and methodologies
- You understand that there is often more than one solution to a problem and feel comfortable making an informed decision on which one is most suitable for the requirements at hand
- You have proficient verbal and written communication skills and can collaborate well in a team environment
- You are fluent in English
What makes you stand out
- You have experience with Django, Rails, or other server side frameworks
- You are experienced in maintaining CSS at scale
- You make music yourself and are interested in music technology
Here at Ableton, we come from a wide range of cultural and professional backgrounds. What connects us is the shared belief that each of us has the skills and knowledge to contribute to something big: helping to shape the future of music culture.
We’re passionate about what we do, and equally as passionate about improving who we are. We work hard to foster an environment in which people can grow both personally and professionally. We believe that diverse groups of people make better teams. We’re committed to increasing diversity in our workplace and providing equal opportunity throughout our recruitment process.
With us, you’ll work in a relaxed but dynamic environment, surrounded by people who love music and technology. You’ll be creatively challenged, encouraged to develop and improve, and you’ll become part of an expanding, diverse company.
How to apply
If you like the sound of this role, please send us your CV, a cover letter and a link to your website or a list of the projects you’ve worked on, indicating your level of involvement. You can apply here