Frontend Developer (m/f) for the Digital Concert Hall
The Berliner Philharmoniker, “the world’s best orchestra” (The Guardian), is looking for a Frontend Developer (m/f) for the Digital Concert Hall team at Berlin Phil Media GmbH, a 100% subsidiary of the Berliner Philharmoniker Foundation.
The Digital Concert Hall (digitalconcerthall.com) is a leading international video streaming platform for classical music concerts and has helped shaping the radical changes in music consumption in the internet age as befits the reputation of the Berliner Philharmoniker.
We produce premium quality concert videos and distribute live and on-demand streaming for a broad range of technical platforms (web, mobile, smart tv, set top boxes). The Digital Concert Hall is a paid service, available globally with client interfaces in six languages. The team responsible for the service is in charge of the whole value chain from content production to its distribution. We own the complete tech stack and aim to always be on the forefront of technical developments in every area that matters to the service.
We take unit- and integration test of our code seriously and automate processes as much as possible.
- Plan and implement our web apps and website with the UI/UX and dev teams
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Built upon and improve our product
- Make sure test coverage is solid and robust code gets shipped
- 2+ years of HTML / CSS experience, incl. concepts like responsiveness, accessibility, cross browser functionality and pre-processors
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibility
- Be passionate about your work
What we offer
- Competitive rates of pay and flexible working conditions
- You can shape a unique global service together with a small but powerful team
- A great working environment at Potsdamer Platz, Berlin
- The equipment you need to produce your best work
- Possibility to attend or speak on conferences
- An attractive world-class employer
- The joy of working with very talented people on a product that delivers some of the best performing arts content to a very enthusiastic user base
How to apply
We know that experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable. Apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, passion goes a long way!
Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link to something you’re proud of: a portfolio, code samples and/or Github account.
Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Leipziger Platz 1