Being part of beyond tellerrand is my favourite speaking event of the year (and I usually present at several dozen around the world). It should be everyone’s absolute not-to-be-missed event of your tech calendar. Make sure you definitely attend one near you (and perhaps others further afield)
Frontend Engineer (React.js) – Hotel Marketing Technology
Searching for new challenges in a dynamic and agile tech environment with opportunities to learn and grow faster than ever before? Then come join us on our exciting adventure to create a new success story in the hotel industry!
With backing by trivago, an experienced and entrepreneurial team of trivago talents from over 20 countries are founding a start-up to disrupt the hotel technology landscape.
Our ambition is to enable independent hotels — whether it’s a beach bungalow in Pattaya or a deluxe boutique hotel in Paris — to easily market themselves online and deliver a greater guest experience with the leading ecosystem of intuitive and competitive technology.
trivago Business Studio is the newest member in our product family which aims to provide a seamless journey for hoteliers with apps that make marketing simple, boost bookings, and enhance the guest experience. We’re looking for a Software Engineer (Frontend) to join the team!
In this role you’ll actively shape the projects future and write scalable SPAs/PWAs for B2B customers while also supporting specialised backend teams by taking over responsibility of tasks to broaden your own knowledge or apply full-stack experience within the team.
Ready to make an impact at trivago? Read on and apply today!
What you’ll do:
- Build responsive, accessible and performant UIs using a modern technology stack.
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Collaborate, support and work hand-in-hand with backend, QA, design and concept teams.
- Participate in and contribute to technology, architecture, workﬂow and design decisions.
- Support the design and development process through creation and improvement of style guides and pattern libraries.
What you’ll definitely need:
- To have studied a core module in IT, or have alternatively successfully completed a comparable apprenticeship.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- To have experience building and deploying SPAs at scale using either the Angular, React or Vue ecosystem.
- To enjoy and have experience in building UIs with modern tools like ES6, SASS and Webpack.
- To care strongly about performance, accessibility and API design.
- To be a team player and enjoy collaborating with different people and proﬁles as well as share knowledge.
- To speak English (our company language) ﬂuently and have strong communication skills.
- To love technical challenges and strive for continuous development.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with APIs and a good understanding of the related backend technologies
- Experience working with Docker.
- Experience with CI using Travis, Jenkins or similar.
- Knowledge about automated E2E testing of SPAs.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as we grow through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 20+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our office in the heart of Düsseldorf’s upscale neighbourhood of Oberkassel provides interactive spaces to team up, exchange ideas, take breaks together, and even have lunch in a 1950s-style diner.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- We’re proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that a diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- Want to learn more about our core products for independent hoteliers to prepare for your interview? Visit https://studio.trivago.com
How to apply
If you like the sound of this position, please apply here