Frontend Engineer – UI/UX
Support us in bringing our website’s complex user interface to life through a compelling display, paramount quality, astonishing speed and compatibility with any device or browser out there! Are you constantly seeking new challenges and want to work within a cutting edge and creativity-enhancing setting? Then we’re the right company for you! Become part of our team and actively shape the technical future of the world’s largest online hotel search. Work with top-notch technologies in a unique work environment with exciting career perspectives. Enjoy the freedom to question established processes, broaden your horizons and develop new designs and effects.
- Create user interfaces for our high traffic web applications (e.g. price comparison, room5 blogs, and B2B applications).
- As a mediator between our designers and back end developers, your knowledge and expertise in these two domains will be required.
- With the implementation of modern designs, you make sure that our front end is always a step ahead.
- Using pre-processors, you will code efficient, maintainable, scalable and cross-browser compatible CSS.
- You support the design and development process through creation and improvement of style guides and pattern libraries.
- You make sure trivago maintains its trendsetter status by familiarizing yourself with new technologies and keeping an eye out for upcoming trends and their applicability to our site.
The ideal candidate
- Has studied a core module in IT or has alternatively successfully completed a comparable apprenticeship.
- Has at least 3 years’ professional experience.
- Has excellent CSS3/HTML5 knowledge refined by extensive experience dealing with template engines.
- Takes pride in their ability to build responsive sites and bullet proof CSS.
- Is no stranger to progressive enhancement.
- Has gained extensive experience in the implementation of complex designs, ideally in a high-traffic environment.
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently.
- Loves technical challenges and strive for continuous development.
Life at trivago is…
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
How to apply
Please apply for the job as Frontend Engineer – UI/UX through our online application form.