Partner Education & FED Advocate
As a Partner Education & FED (Front-end Development) Advocate for the Shopify Partnerships Education & Community team, your role will be to produce high quality weekly content that helps our expanding Partner ecosystem succeed.
This role is ideal for a web designer/front-end developer looking for a fresh challenge away from day-to-day design and development. You’ll need to be passionate about connecting with other designers on web design and front-end development topics, as well as having a knack for explaining complex techniques in a simple and understandable way.
You’ll need to have
- A demonstrative background in, and passion for, web design and/or development
- A deep understanding of the Shopify Platform — in particular, Shopify themes and all front-end Platform considerations
- A proven record of publishing technically-focused articles which explain code-related concepts
- A deep appreciation and understanding of modern front-end development tools and how they can help designers and front-end developers work with the Shopify Platform
- A passion for sharing and helping our Partners achieve their best work
- Excellent written skills in English
It’d be great if you had
- Existing relationships with blogs and publications in the web design industry
- Existing work published on industry blogs and websites
- An existing audience (even if it’s small)
You’ll be working on things like
- Writing clear, accurate, and engaging technical documents and online content for the Partner ecosystem
- Acting as a bridge between Shopify and our third-party designer and developer community by improving documentation, developing resources, and promoting the benefits of the Shopify platform
- Planning, creating, hosting, and promoting regular screencasts and webinars for our Partners around the world
- Researching and advocating the best toolsets for designers and front-end developers using the Shopify platform
- Promoting your work to our Partners as well as other relevant audiences
- Work with third-party blogs and publications with the aim of introducing and promoting the Shopify Platform to their readers in an engaging way
- Tracking the success, engagement, and long-tail of your articles, screencasts, and webinars
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity, please fill in your info below, address your application to Kimberly and attach your CV in PDF format, along with links to three pieces of published content in the last six months.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
How to apply
Please apply for Partner Education & FED Advocate through our application form