Senior Frontend Engineer, Participation Systems (Contractor)
The Open Innovation Team has a visionary mandate to get more impact, for Mozilla’s mission and its volunteers, from core contributor participation methods we’re using today, and to find and develop new ways that participation can work at Mozilla. Achieving this mandate requires creation, maintenance and integration of stellar tools for Participation in Mozilla that will support our open innovation strategy and enhance volunteer participation. Your role is to prototype and develop front-end code across tools.
- Engineer front-end code for Participation Systems tools.
- Work with designers to build prototypes that test ideas and identify shortcomings.
- Collaborate with other engineers, researchers and designers to ensure a great user experience from design to implementation.
- Passion to develop excellent products and experiences.
- At least three years of professional experience in front-end web development.
- A solid portfolio of web projects.
- Interest in modern web technologies.
- Fluency in HTML/CSS/JS. Rapidly conceive, visualize and iterate design solutions in a collaborative environment.
- The ability to translate wireframes, style guides and design direction into polished, production ready visual experiences.
- Empathy for the interaction users will have with what you build; you create transitions and subtitles that will make a journey more intuitive.
- Superb communication skills -- you communicate your opinions and listen to others. Bachelor’s degree on a relevant field (or equivalent experience).
- Have experience working in multidisciplinary teams of technical and non-technical people.
- Have a track record of delivering excellence under time pressure.
- A willingness to learn and keep growing, both professionally and personally.
- Experience working with version control systems (especially git).
- A good understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Experience with frontend development for Python/Django based projects and CMS.
- Experience translating designs from InVision and Sketch into working code.
- Have worked on volunteer or community participation technologies in the past, and have had substantial personal experience contributing to an open source project and community
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our new Berlin office is located in Kreuzberg and features: a beautiful view of the Spree, gender neutral bathrooms, wheelchair access, a bike room, snacks, catered lunch and German classes.
How to apply
To apply for this job, use this form, please.