Technical Product Manager - WILL Framework
A world alive with creativity - We at Wacom are looking for people who share our passion for a creative world. We are a global company with more than 1200 employees in 40 countries. For more than 30 years we have been proud to deliver innovative digital technologies to support all aspects of human creativity. We constantly develop and integrate new hardware and software to help everyone capture, express, shape and share ideas. Our mission is to inspire and equip people to make the world a more creative place.
Wacom has been driving the evolution of digital pen and ink input technology as industry leader for many decades in both technology solutions and branded businesses. Our passion is to realize the most natural and highest quality digital pen and ink experience for all use cases in B2C, B2B and B2B2C. Next to continuous pen technology innovation to deliver most natural interaction, we believe that digital ink is essential to deliver and realize value-added use cases making digital pen interaction meaningful and creating connected ink workflows that will change the way people think, create, work and collaborate.
Driving industry wide adoption and development of new products and use cases using digital pen and ink, Wacom has established Digital Stationery Consortium and Inkathon as major partner initiatives to engage with industry partners, start-up’s and developers. Both Inkathon and Digital Stationery Consortium serve also the joint goal to evangelize and broaden the adoption of WILL digital ink.
Technical Product Manager - WILL Framework
We are looking for a technical product manager who lives the passion of technology innovation and new business development by driving and managing Wacom’s WILL digital ink technology roadmap with the goal to ensure its successful contribution to Wacom’s emerging software and solutions business. The mission behind WILL Digital Ink framework is to deliver a compelling set of technology tools and services that innovates and broadens user applications using digital pen and ink in all industry domains. The Technical Product Manager WILL Digital Ink Framework will team up closely with Senior Manager Core Technology and Wacom’s Core Technology Engineering teams and define and execute the WILL roadmap including SDK’s, API’s and technical service components that will serve the integration needs of internal and external applications and solutions developers globally with a strong focus on creating user value.
- End-to-end responsibility for definition, development and lifecycle management of WILL digital ink framework including developer-facing SDK, API and REST services roadmap.
- Responsible to lead the product feature coordination as project lead with engineering teams and our Manager Core Technology to manage products/features, time to release, development cost.
- Responsible to lead the project coordination, aligning with Manager Core Technology and engineering team.
- Manage feature/scope, technical specification, time to release and development efforts.
- Responsible for feature prioritization and scope management.
- Define the implementation scope and prepare business cases and user journey experience in collaboration with project stakeholders.
- Define, develop and maintain product and technical requirements documents for WILL Digital Ink Framework components.
- Manage risks and escalations on the project.
- Responsible as product owner for go-to-market of WILL technology components
- including commercial model development, in collaboration with WILL Marketing manager.
- Support acquisition and lifecycle maintenance of large accounts who uses WILL technology.
- Support internal stakeholders such as product management, marketing, sales, business development and customer support teams with product value proposition and feature briefings, sales materials, documentation, trainings and event support.
- Act as main partner contact window for WILL Framework roadmap management.
- Support internal stakeholders such as product management, marketing, sales, business development and support teams with product value proposition and feature briefings, sales material, documentation, trainings and event support.
- 5+ years professional experience in technical product management, technical project management or software engineering.
- Working experience in project management field in different software development projects (waterflow, agile, hybrid).
- On-the-job expertise in software API and SDK management, HW and SW system integration, software development and/or SaaS integration.
- Working experience in B2B software industry in technical product planning context is a plus.
- Engineering degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science is a plus.
- Passion for user- and design-centric product and innovation definition and development.
- Experience in defining, gathering requirements and transforming them into executable requirements for implementation teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to present pitches and proposals to key partners, stakeholders and executives
- Experienced in leading and working with global and cross-functional teams
Significant advantage would be:
- Flexible approach to work, willing to meet virtually outside normal working hours
- Global travel to Wacom offices, partners and customers (approx. 15%)
- Career in a global leader in digital technologies
- Positive and friendly environment
- Flexible working hours
- Annual bonus aligned to the employee’s contribution
- Additional health and dental insurance
- Great location, cozy office space
- Technical and soft-skills trainings and certificates
- Team buildings and internal events
- Covered transport expenses
- Employee referral bonuses
- Fun zone - PlayStation and lounge and social area
How to apply
To become a member of our team please send us your application consisting of a cover letter, CV and your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Learn more about us on wacom.com.
Wacom Europe GmbH, Völklinger Straße 1, 40219 Düsseldorf