UI Designer (m/f/d)
Would you like to take on responsibility in an agile environment with enormous development opportunities and realize your vision of a modern, contemporary work organization with us? Then come and join us. With your design experience and innovative thinking, you will be responsible for the UI design of client projects, and ideally accompany projects from pitch to go-live. Depending on your skills, you'll also be called upon for other design tasks (illustration, motion graphics, typography and print design, etc.). Our design team prides itself on being multitalented and flexible, and that's what we're looking for in our new team member.
What we offer
- A trustful environment with a great community spirit "We are a big band, not rockstars"
- Working at eye level with very flat hierarchies
- A true learning culture with our AOE Academy and a 1500€ annual training budget
- Working responsibly and participating in shaping the company
- A self-organized, agile work environment
- Modern work & work-life-balance: you determine where, when and how you work – exactly as makes sense for you, your team and your customers
- Working with experts in their field who are also wonderful people at the same time
- Great offices with healthy lunch, Thai massage, Playstation, billiard table etc.
What you’ll do
- As a designer, you are responsible for web and interface design for our customers on an international level.
- You are in charge of new innovative projects in the field of digital transformation of companies (web portal, e-commerce, native mobile)
- You are responsible for conception and design of websites, interfaces and apps
- You create new designs using user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Cross-functional collaboration with other designers, UX conceptors, software architects and developers from different projects
- You will take initiative in communicating conceptual ideas and design principles within a user-centered design process
- You can also contribute to the development and design of content for events, communications, web, marketing, sales, products, print, social media and any other area that requires graphic design to creatively convey AOE's visual style
What you bring along
- A strong portfolio of completed work
- Expert knowledge of Figma, Sketch or Adobe Experience Design
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience in e-commerce, marketplaces or portals
- Creativity and a flair for current trends in UX/UI design, branding and technology
- Strong knowledge of design and style guide best practices
- Enthusiastic for working creatively from scribble to digital
- Strong knowledge of visual design principles and design grids
- Awareness of "form follows function"
- Self-motivation and ability to prioritize, manage workload and meet critical deadlines of concurrent projects
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Strong knowledge of Responsive Design
- Experience with Axure RP and/or other common prototyping tools
- Strong written and spoken English and German language skills
You'll stand out if
- Experience with agile development methods and SCRUM
- Experience in any of the following: Illustration, 3D/Rendering, Motion Graphics, Photography/Retouching
- Experience with InDesign and After Effects