I left beyond tellerrand inspired and honoured to have become friends with incredible people who have made me want to “look beyond the edge of the plate”. I still often think about the talks on stage and the meaningful conversations I had. An experience I’m very grateful for!
Are you driven by creating a fantastic user experience? By producing a product that people love to interact with? Do you care deeply about making the web a more accessible place? Does semantic HTML mean something to you? Are you enjoying the cascade, rather than being afraid of it? Then we should definitely talk!
Sound interesting? Apply today!
Take a peek into life in our Amsterdam office:
What you’ll do:
- Create an amazing experience for millions of users.
- Take part in the entire product development cycle in cross-functional initiative teams.
- Support discovering and defining product improvements through your engagement in ideation.
- Spread your knowledge about semantic, high performance HTML and CSS to our Frontend Engineers.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
- Be an ambassador for consistency, usability and accessibility of our product’s interface.
- Stay up to date with current frameworks, tools, techniques and libraries.
- Optimize our code for various browsers and connection speeds.
Our Technology Stack:
- CSS Modules
- Twig / Melody as the template engine
- Webpack / Node.js / Yarn for tooling and building our Hotel Search
What you’ll definitely need:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in UX Engineering.
- You seek to constantly learn and improve — we will help by providing external and internal training.
- An academic degree in the field of IT or relevant experience with.
- You speak English fluently.
- You are a team player and enjoy working with people.
- You are an advocate for a great user experience.
- You are passionate about details.
- An interest in design systems and interface design.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our office in the heart of Amsterdam offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.
How to apply
If you like the sound of this position, please apply here