UI/UX Designer (d/f/m)
We are simulogics, a small independent game studio located in Germany. We craft simulation games for experts. Right now, we are working on our second browser-based economy simulation MMO, Prosperous Universe (prosperousuniverse.com).
For this and other projects we are seeking a frontend mastermind who can combine technology and design to build beautiful and dynamic web interfaces that work across devices.
We are open to a wide range of diverse candidates from a variety of professional and personal backgrounds. If you doubt some of your qualifications, please get in touch with us and apply anyway.
This will be a remote contract but, if you prefer, working from our office near Darmstadt is possible as well.
The contract will initially be limited to a duration of 12 months. We seek team members residing in Germany and employed under German jurisdiction. Applications from freelancers require that you are willing to enter a German employment contract for the duration of the project. Applications from sub-contractors and outsourcing companies cannot be accepted.
- Find smart ways to bring our highly dynamic expert interfaces to small and large screens alike.
- Design, implement and maintain a consistent UI design language within and around our games.
- Coordinate with developers, community managers and game designers to constantly improve the UI and UX of our games.
- Strike a balance between functional real-world UI and science-fiction looks.
- Support the development team in bringing your designs from concept to code.
- You are a positive, nice and friendly person that enjoys working in a team with others and are a general pleasure to be around.
- You possess solid design skills and are familiar with the tools of the trade (Prototyping, Wireframing, Information Architecture, Personas etc.).
- You have experience in designing for browsers running on mobile devices and small screens.
- You are able to quickly sketch your ideas in a tangible format to present them to a team of non-designers.
- You are aware of and able to master the challenges of getting things done in a completely remote environment, without the oversight of a Design Lead, line manager or any other job specific manager, setting your own goals and managing your own time.
- Your workflow is well developed, structured and you can even teach the team a thing or two about your job.
- You speak and write conversation-level English.
- Lots of creative freedom and actual responsibility.
- Work from home (or from wherever you like) and on your own schedule.
- Be part of a small and tight-knit team with a no-bullshit attitude.
- Ability to work part-time (anything between 60% and 100%).
This position is covered by public funding and will initially be limited to a duration of 12 months (or possibly longer, depending on weekly hours). Given financial viability we plan to maintain this position indefinitely beyond this initial timespan.
How to apply
Sounds good to you? Then don’t hesitate to send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your salary expectations and a quick overview of the work you’ve done in the past. We are looking forward to meeting you!