Web Frontend Developer (d/f/m)
We are simulogics, a small independent game studio located in Germany. We craft simulation games for experts. Right now, we are working on our second browser-based economy simulation MMO, Prosperous Universe (prosperousuniverse.com).
For this and other projects we are seeking a frontend mastermind who can combine technology and design to build beautiful and dynamic web interfaces that work across devices.
We are open to a wide range of diverse candidates from a variety of professional and personal backgrounds. If you doubt some of your qualifications, please get in touch with us and apply anyway.
This will be a remote contract but, if you prefer, working from our office near Darmstadt is possible as well.
The contract will initially be limited to a duration of 12 months. We seek team members residing in Germany and employed under German jurisdiction. Applications from freelancers require that you are willing to enter a German employment contract for the duration of the project. Applications from sub-contractors and outsourcing companies cannot be accepted.
- Write robust and sustainable code for complex frontend projects.
- Take the expert interface of Prosperous Universe to the next level by making it work on tablets and mobile devices.
- Translate lots of features and high information density into beautiful yet usable interfaces.
- Coordinate with backend developers, UI/UX designers, community managers and game designers to constantly improve the UI and UX of our new and existing games.
- You are a positive, nice and friendly person that enjoys working in a team with others and are a general pleasure to be around.
- You are able to take an idea from 2D mockup to well-structured, responsive and cross-browser LESS/SASS code.
- You are driven to write beautiful, maintainable and robust code and to avoid unnecessary complexity.
- You are aware of and able to master the challenges of getting things done in a completely remote environment, setting your own goals and managing your own time.
- Your workflow is well developed, structured and you can even teach the team a thing or two about your job.
- You speak and write conversation-level English.
Speaking German is a plus but not a requirement, as are any backend development skills, experience with 2D and 3D design tools, knowledge of WebGL/shader development or previous work with static site builders like Jekyll or Hugo.
- Lots of creative freedom and actual responsibility.
- Work from home (or from wherever you like) and on your own schedule.
- Be part of a small and tight-knit team with a no-bullshit attitude.
- Ability to work part-time (anything between 60% and 100%).
This position is covered by public funding and will initially be limited to a duration of 12 months (or possibly longer, depending on weekly hours). Given financial viability we plan to maintain this position indefinitely beyond this initial timespan.
How to apply
Sounds good to you? Then don’t hesitate to send us your application to email@example.com, including your salary expectations and a quick overview of the work you’ve done in the past. We are looking forward to meeting you!