From building your own templates, working with controllers, writing plugins to customising Kirby's admin interface. It's all about making you feel confident with the system to get the most out of your next project.
This workshop will cover
- Kirby's content structure — tips and tricks to setup your site's architecture.
- How to work with Kirby's templates, snippets and controllers
- Exploring Kirby's flexible APIs
- A deep dive into Kirby's admin interface — the panel
- Extended blueprint features
- Authoring Kirby plugins
- How to write custom Kirby panel fields
- Interesting extensions, possibilities and setups
- FAQ session for additional questions and exchange of experiences
Who is it for
- Designers/Developers looking for a flexible content management system for themselves or their clients
- Decision-makers from companies or agencies, who want to evaluate Kirby
- Kirby developers, who want to learn more about the system and extend their skills
This workshop includes
- A free Kirby Pro license
- Lots of insights into the details of Kirby and the decision making-process behind the system
- You should be comfortable with HTML and CSS.
- PHP skills are a plus, but knowledge in pretty much any other programming language will be useful as well.
Do you need any hard- or software?
- You should bring a laptop with your preferred (text) editor
- A pre-installed version of Kirby's starter kit, so we don't waste time with the installation process. All attendees can get in contact with Bastian and ask for help before the workshop in order to get Kirby installed.
When and where is the workshop taking place?
On Monday, November 6th, from 10am (10:00) to 5pm (17:00) at Neue Mälzerei, Friedenstraße 91, 10249 Berlin