One of the main reasons why the event is a success is the help of you. Yes you. Because you spread the word about it on twitter, facebook, your blog and where ever you can. Keep on rocking and if you don't know what beyond tellerrand mean, check the information below.
beyond tellerrand is running in Düsseldorf in May and Berlin in November each year, selling out with 500 attendees each time. In 2018 Munich was added to the list of shows as well.
Let us know if anything is missing. And thanks a lot for you help!
Beyond What? (English)
In 2010 Marc Thiele founded beyond tellerrand. The name beyond tellerrand expresses the aim, that everybody involved wants look a bit further, look beyond the edge. It also reflects the global perspective of the event. The expression is a mix of the English word “beyond” and the German phrase “Über den Tellerrand schauen,” which means “Think outside the box”. The exact translation for the sentence is "Take a look beyond the edge of the plate" … makes sense? ;)
The community spirit and family atmosphere at beyond tellerrand are truly special and lead to an intense and memorable experience for all. This is also part of what drives our attractive pricing for attendees. Where else can you get two days with a high quality line-up for just €179 Euro including VAT and booking fees?
Beyond was? (German)
2010 wuchs in Marc Thiele die Idee den neuen Event beyond tellerrand zu veranstalten. Aber was hat der Name zu bedeuten? Zum einen soll es ausdrücken, dass jeder der mit dem Event zu tun hat gerne weiter denkt, eben über den Tellerrand hinausschaut und nicht nur vor seinen eigenen Füßen kehrt. Da die Wort für Wort Übersetzung nicht klingt und auch "beyond the box" nicht wirklich Sinn machte, wurde "beyond tellerrand" daraus.
Das Spezielle an beyond tellerrand Veranstaltungen ist die starke Verbindung zur Community und die familiäre Atmosphäre. Ein Ziel ist es den Event zu einem ganz besonderen Erlebnis für alle Beteiligten zu machen. Das spiegelt sich auch im attraktiven Preis für die Teilnehmer wieder. Oder wo sonst erhält man zwei Tage hochwertige Vortragende für gerade einmal €179 inkl. MwSt. und Buchungsgebühren?
What Other People Say
Next to the randomly appearing short quotes in the header, you can find a few more detailed statements below.
”beyond tellerrand is a conference that stands on its own. There is no faceless group of people running it, but it is Marc Thiele’s show. He has an incredible knack to always find new and surprising speakers. This is a conference where what happens in between the talks and the networking amongst the attendees is as important as what happens on stage. Don’t be surprised if amongst the conference volunteers you find film makers and amazingly creative designers. I have yet to meet a grumpy person or a diva presenter at beyond tellerrand. It is always a joy to attend and I leave brimming with ideas what to do next. This is the kind of event I missed for a long time, back in the days when web conferences were still a several-month-wait-time affair. beyond tellerrand is a community without trying to be one and forcing you into a portal or a slack channel. People network because they can’t help themselves. As a speaker, you are treated top-notch but not overwhelmed and the demands the conference has for you are sensible and I for one am happy to give my best there. The quality of the video recordings is great, there are always transcripts and nothing beats a live DJ mixing each talk into a pumping tune right after it finished.”
“Believe it or not, I usually don't like big places/events with many human beings whom I have to interact with, a big introvert here! But beyond tellerrand has a very cozy and friendly atmosphere and I am very lucky to have had my first speaking experience in such inviting environment and community grown by marc.”
Logos are available in here. Please use the logos in a positive context. Need anything else? Let us know.
You find a lot of photos on Flickr already. Also our Flickr Group is filled with very nice shots. If you use them, that is ok, but please credit the one who took them.
Please contact us to get information and facts about certain events. We're able to react in a very short time and send you texts, assets, and information that you can use to integrate or announce beyond tellerrand.
beyond tellerrand Fact Sheet
- beyond tellerrand was founded in 2010 by Marc Thiele
- Topics: beyond tellerrand is a conference about creative web design and development and much more
- Next event in Düsseldorf: 7–9 May 2018 (Conference on 7th and 8th, Workshops on 9th, Side Events around these dates)
- Conference venue Düsseldorf: Capitol Theater, Erkrather Straße 30, 40233 Düsseldorf
- Next event in Berlin: 5–7 November 2018 (Conference on 6th and 7th, Workshops on 5th, free Side Events around those dates)
- Conference venue Berlin: Admiralspalast, Friedrichstraße 101, 10117 Berlin
- Ticket Price: Conference passes start from €179 (incl. German VAT and fees)
- Workshop Price: Each workshops costs €349 (incl. German VAT and fees)
- Website: beyondtellerrand.com
- Twitter: twitter.com/btconf
- Facebook: facebook.com/beyondtellerrand
- Collor: colloq.io/events/beyondtellerrand
- The Dots: the-dots.com
- Google+: plus.google.com/+beyondtellerrand
- Flickr Pool: flickr.com/groups/beyondtellerrand
- Vimeo channel (with a lot of talks from past events as well): vimeo.com/channels/beyondtellerrand
- YouTube: youtube.com/user/btconf
Anything missing? Let us know!
Articles, Reviews and Interviews (extract)
- Day two in DÜSSELDORF 2014 – by Mario Janschitz (German)
- “t3n bei der Konferenz für Webentwickler: beyondtellerrand 2014” – a text about day one in DÜSSELDORF 2014 by Mario Janschitz for t3n (German)
- Article in t3n by Luca Caracciolo for DÜSSELDORF 2013 (German)
- Video report after DÜSSELDORF 2013: “Zu Besuch auf Deutschlands bester Webkonferenz – beyond tellerrand” by TechnikLOAD (German)
- A write-up by t3n of DÜSSELDORF 2011 – “beyond tellerrand überzeugt mit Flair und guten Inhalten” (German)
Would You Like To Cover The Event?
We are happy about any kind of announcement or report. No matter if you write something before or after the event. So you want to write about beyond tellerrand? Don't hesitate to contact us and we are getting back to you as soon as possible. Journalists have free entry to the conference after official accreditation.