This full-day workshop with Harry Roberts of CSS Wizardry will equip you with expert tools to dramatically improve the performance of your sites.
What will the workshop cover?
In this workshop, we’ll take an in-depth look at:
- how the network really works, and how to design around it;
- how to keep websites fast whilst keeping clients and stakeholders happy;
- how to optimise our assets for faster delivery;
- how to trick the browser into delivering assets with different priorities;
- how to measure and profile performance wins and losses;
- a whole host of tips, tricks, and techniques to help us deliver the same experiences in record times;
- a bunch of fascinating little factoids and trivia which help shine a light on what’s really going on under the hood;
- how to prepare for the web (and its users) of tomorrow;
- lots of naughty little micro-optimisations, just for fun;
- and a lot, lot more.
100% of previous attendees would recommend the workshop to colleagues!
What hardware and/or software do you need?
This workshop is targeted at intermediate to advanced front-end developers, web designers, and software engineers, or anybody who writes code. There will be resources and case studies for you to take back to non-technical stakeholders to help convince them of the power of performance.
You will need a laptop, and something for making a lot of notes.
When and where is the workshop taking place?
On Monday, January 15th, from 10am (10:00) to 5pm (17:00). Our venue is the new office space of Microsoft Germany.